- At St Bede's, safeguarding is of the upmost importance. The school is committed to creating and maintaining a safe learning environment for children and young people, identifying where there are child welfare concerns and taking action to address them, in partnership with families and other agencies. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s and learners’ health or development
- ensuring children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Please read our policy for further information and contact school if you have any concerns.
Safeguarding Lead - Mrs Jones
Safeguarding Deputy - Ms Conlon
Safeguarding Governor - Mr Lawton
Our school participates in a Police-led initiative called Operation Encompass, a scheme which will ensure that we can we can better support any child where a domestic incident has been reported to Police from their home.
Following a domestic incident, the Police will make contact with the school via telephone and communicate relevant information to nominated, fully-trained school staff. This will ensure that we are made aware early enough to support children and young people in a way that means they feel safe, supported and listen to. Each school has a member of staff called a key adult who is trained to liaise with the police, when required, whilst ensuring support is available to the child.
The initiative has already been trialled in a number of schools across the local authority areas of Halton, Warrington, Cheshire West & Chester and Cheshire East with success. You can find out more about Operation Encompass via the following site:
The project was launched county-wide on 1st January 2016. If you would like to speak to someone further about the initiative, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Jones. We are committed to working in partnership with local relevant organisations to safeguard and protect children across Cheshire and provide the best possible care and support for our pupils.
Staff have received training about the ‘Prevent Strategy’ which is a government strategy designed to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorist or extremist causes. It is also important that as parents you are aware of this and please find on our website a parent leaflet explaining the strategy. Another way we are safeguarding our children!