ADMISSION TO SCHOOL
The school has an Admissions Policy and Procedures written by the Governors that are reviewed annually. We have one admission date and all children are admitted in the September of the academic year in which they are five. Parents/carers are encouraged to inform the school if they are considering applying for a place for their child.
During September (before the child’s 5th Birthday), an application will need to be made to Cheshire West and Chester Council’s Admission Team to apply for the place/s. Applications can be made online at www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/admissions or a paper application form can be submitted. Applications must be made by 15th January, to be considered on-time.
For a child to be considered as a Roman Catholic evidence of such Baptism will be required. Parents/Carers must send a copy of the Baptismal Certificate or a certificate of reception into the full communion of the Catholic Church, to school at the time the application is made.
Offer letters notifying parents/carers of the school place are sent out by the Admissions Team on 16 April. Online applications are able to view the result on this date. Parents/carers will have the option to decline the place/s if no longer required. Note: The school place offered will automatically be accepted unless the applicant notifies the admissions team otherwise. The Admissions Team telephone number is 0300 123 7039. Parents/carers who are not offered a place for their child at a school stated as a preference have a right of appeal to an independent appeals panel. Any appeal will need to be submitted before the deadline.
Pre-school liaison and preparation includes:
- visits by the class teacher to pre-school establishments
- parents/carers meetings and coffee afternoons in the summer term prior to starting
- opportunities to meet the Headteacher and other staff and find out further information about the school
- children spending time in the classroom prior to them starting full time
- invitations to parents/carers and children to attend Open Days, School Fair, Sports Day etc.
- helpful leaflets and booklets to support your child starting school.
- An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. An application should be made to the school by completing the in-year admissions application form (below) and returning it to email@example.com
- Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, set out in the admissions arrangements for the current academic year, will be applied. Parents are advised to read the admissions arrangements carefully before making their application.
- if there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the admissions arrangements for more details.
- You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of thier application within 10 school days of receipt.
- You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful.
- If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions, please contact Mrs Hart, School Bursar firstname.lastname@example.org
Where there are more applications for places, than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Baptised Catholic looked after children/previously looked after children
- Baptised Catholic children resident in the parish of St. Bede's
- Baptised Catholic children resident in other parishes
- Other looked after children/previously looked after children
- Non-Cathiolic children whose parents wish them to have a Catholic education
Within each of the categories listed above, the following provisions will be applied in the following order:
(i) The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each catergory so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in whioch the application is made after children in (1) above.
School visits are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office for an appointment: 01606 852149