'A high-quality geography education should inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. Teaching should equip pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes.'
(National Curriculum 2014)
Our aim in Geography is to
- Stimulate pupils‘ curiosity and pride in their surroundings and the wider world
- Create a sense of awe and wonder for the natural world
- Inspire respect for the diversity of environments and people in our world
- Develop pupil’s competence in geographical skills
- Enable an appreciation of the responsibility of the effects of human influence on the environment.
- Challenge them to become Global citizens for the future
The National Curriculum provides a programme of study with four attainment targets:
- Locational Knowledge
- Place Knowledge
- Human and Physical Geography
- Geographical skills and fieldwork
The Geography curriculum content is mainly taught through stimulating topics, incorporating discussion, collaboration, problem-solving and thinking skills. with hands-on activities and first-hand experiences outside the classroom.
Please see attached files: Geography Throughout the School, Long Term Plan and Fairtrade
Useful Geography Links
www.mapzone.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/mapzone (Fun interactive games)
www.geography.org.uk (Geography Association)