Year 3 2019 - 2020
Dear Parents and carers,
I hope you are all managing at this difficult time.
Your child was sent home with a blue exercise book with Year 3 English and maths activities. If you were absent on Thursday or Friday last week then you can collect your book from the school office or arrange for another family to collect and pass this on if you are in self-isolation.
For week beginning 23.3.20, I have devised a page of learning tasks which can be opened in the 'Files to Download' below. This includes the English and Maths activities sent home.
Suggested Daily Timetable:
Maths and English (spelling and writing task) before lunch
Two other subjects from the other boxes after lunch
Outdoor play if possible -within Government social distancing guidelines.
Optional Extras/ Alternative tasks
Should you need to contact me, here is my email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org and please use the blog below.
Welcome to Year 3!
Class Teacher: Mrs Armstrong
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Trigg, Mrs Parker
The children have settled really well and responded quickly to the routines and expectations of KS2. We are very proud of them all.
- Homework is given out on Monday and will be due in the following Monday. Homework will be given on a two week cycle with work in the red book one week and then spellings and an aspect of Maths to practise the following week. On Monday mornings, children will be given all this information and will write it in their yellow diaries. Please see above tab for details on each week's homework.
- Please continue to read at home with your child regularly.
- Spring 2 half term PE is on Friday.Swimming is on Monday.
- PE kits are to be in school on Monday and remain in school all week. During the colder months jogging bottoms can be used for outdoor PE. Children are not to wear tights for PE so must bring in socks as part of their kit. Swimming will continue in the Summer term.
- If your child is going home with someone other than a parent/carer please make sure a note is passed on to a member of staff on the door in the morning or is put in your child's yellow diary.
- Please ensure your child is dressed smartly and appropriately. The parents uniform shop, which is located under the parents tab on the website, will provide you with more information about the standard of uniform we expect in our school.
- Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
THE YEAR AHEAD:
- We will be organising trips and visits to enhance and deepen the children's learning.
- We all enjoyed our trip to Thurstaston Beach in Wirral Country Park in October and our Residential visit with Y4 to Robin Wood in Wrexham 9th -11th December
- A visit from a time travelling Stone Age person took place on Friday February 7th February
We are certain there will be many memories to treasure as well as a lot of hard work and look forward to working with you to make your child's school journey as smooth as it can be.
ACHIEVING EXCELLENCE TOGETHER
Inspiring independent learners with Jesus by our side
Files to Download
Year 3 : News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3 : Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display